LOCAL ART: Oriel Ty Meirion finally opens its doors to the public!
Image: Oriel Ty Meirion
It is time to visit Oriel Ty Meirion where you can explore the RNLI Coastal & Maritime mixed arts show with your own eyes as the doors reopen!
Staff at Oriel Ty Meirion said: "It feels really good to be welcoming visitors again, supporting artists and helping a charity that has been unable to do their normal fundraising over the past year".
The first visitor to the gallery was Stormy Stan from the RNLI who received a special private view ahead of the public opening. He loved his visit and left a selection of RNLI badges, pencils, pens, stickers and factsheets about the Barmouth lifeboats which are all free gifts to gallery visitors.
There is a brilliant artist line-up and all artwork is below £1500 with something to suit all budgets from a range of gift cards and crafts to collectable fine art. 10% of all art sales is going direct to the RNLI.
The exhibition continues until 13 June 2021.
Artist line up includes:
- Alison Holt - Embroidery / Brodwaith
- Ffion Gwyn - Painting / Paentio
- Harri Carmichael - Painting / Paentio
- Iain Davidson - Printmaking / Gwneud printiadau
- Ian Phillips - Printmaking / Gwneud printiadau
- Iona Pickard – Knitwear and Crafts / Gwau a Chrefftau
- Jane Williams - Pottery / Crochenwaith
- Katie Bentham – Sea Glass Jewellery / Gemwaith Gwydr Môr
- Ken Bridges - Painting / Paentio
- Kim Dewsbury - Painting / Paentio
- Naomi Bunker - Sculpture / Cerfluniau
- Peter Hedd Williams - Painting / Paentio
- Robert Goldsworthy - Jewellery / Gemwaith
- Shan Ellis - Painting / Paentio
- Valerie Land - Painting / Paentio
Watch the channel on TV